Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Christmas Lesson



I learned a valuable lesson this Christmas thanks to the above pictured gift. Someone (who's really NOT a very good friend I might add) must have prayed that I'd find patience. Connor had begged for a "Lego Star Wars AT-TE Walker." He got it. That was my first mistake. 16 hours, 799 tiny pieces, several outbursts, a few inappropriate words, a horrible backache, and some tears later, we had the darn thing put together. The funniest part of all is that I PAID for that misery! Never again...even Connor was not enjoying it at all by about the third hour. I was determined we'd finish what we started, so we did. He knows I'll put some serious hurt on him or any of his friends who decide to take it apart! It reminded me of some comedy movie...but it just wasn't funny.

Other than that episode, we had a nice quiet Christmas at home...just me and the kids. We attended Christmas Eve services at Northwood and had lots of quality time together. No other family was with us, so it was quiet.

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and that you have an equally Happy New Year!

Stefanie


2 comments:

Jana said...

Bryson received a HUGE Lego set last Christmas and I spent an entire day putting it together. After they played with it for about 5 minutes it started falling apart. I swore next time he got one I was going to put it together with Super Glue. I don't know why people (kids) think Legos are so enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

I told you to super glue it!